top of page
(214 MH painting Taksthang_Tigers Nest Monastery)_edited.jpg


My name is Martyn Hanks and when I first started travelling in the early 60s
I just painted to pass away a spare hour. Although I have always enjoyed painting,
as the years have gone by it has become my main reason for travelling, giving a
real purpose to a trip.

About 85% of my paintings were created on the spot, sometimes under quite difficult and challenging conditions, such has been my desire to capture something of the country I am visiting. The remaining 15% I have worked up later from quick sketches and photos made at the time.

This website features a wide range of my paintings reproduced as fine art limited edition prints available for you to buy.

bottom of page